Compatibility - Yamaha R1 from 2015 , Ducati 899 , 959 , 1199 , 1299 , V2 , V4
This compact Mosfet driven start solenoid was created specifically with bikes on mind as well as having a ‘plug and play’ connector and mounting adaptor. Simply fit it, any connect the wires.
Unlike standard start solenoids these devices feature:
- Lighter weight (standard 120g, this device 36g)
- Provide a linear 170amp power delivery to the starter motor enabling better starting even with poor battery condition, and better battery charge life (more starts per charge) – Known as ‘Soft Start’
- Thermal cut-out to save overheating of the starter motor
- Automatic thermo re-set 30 amp fuse rather than the plug in type on the standard solenoid.
- No need for re-circulation diodes in the wiring
- Lower voltage drop than mechanical relays so more starting torque
- Sealed for life and no moving parts.
Supplied with a rugged adaptor to provide protection of the power terminals and a base to re-use the original rubber mount.
Rubber mounting is not needed, we only provide this to make installation simpler.
No re-wiring is needed, this plugs into the existing bike wiring connectors.
read more here